Acorns?

February 10, 2019 // by Jesse Crypto Backer // No comments

Couple weeks ago I opened an Acorns account to see how the automatic round ups worked. I thought this was a good idea since I never use cash for purchases. I like the idea, but it does just add up the round ups until it reaches over $5 and then debits the account. I went ahead and started with a $50 deposit and it already has done two sets of round up deposits.

It did automatically shut off the round ups when my account got below a certain threshold balance.

My portfolio is set to Aggressive, meaning mostly stocks have been purchased.

You can also set recurring deposits into the account, say every paycheck to add to the balance.

I think this is a great way for people to save up money when they cannot do it themselves.

This last Friday I chose to accept the debit card they offer. This will help with "Found Money" from the retailers they offer. "Found Money" is like cash back in dollar amount or percent of your purchase.

You can look at it as a savings account with the potential to grow faster then the one at your local bank.

Hard time saving up money? No pocket change from only using a card?
Use Acorns to invest change! - https://acorns.com/invite/UL8LE7


0 comments:

Post a Comment